Sunday, October 11, 2015

Jeff got a Kindle recently and was looking for a book to read. A friend suggested The Martian. He was hooked right away and spent most of his free time for a week reading it. He then proceeded to take a week or so to talk me into reading it. Now, I love reading, I really do, but I have so many parenting books going right now I was not too excited about adding another book. But then Jeff said I'd look sexy reading a piece of fiction. I thought it was a ridiculous conclusion to draw. What?! Am I not sexy when I am reading super helpful books that will make me a better Mom?? Sheesh, the nerve.
Well it worked, I guess I just can't resist making him want me. If he says specifically that he likes an outfit I have, I choose wisely when I wear said outfit. Same thing goes for makeup or perfume. And Jeff is not one to gush on what he likes about me too often, so when he makes a point to say something, I listen.
Anyways, I read the book real fast. I got hooked too. It's a great book and it's been a long time, years since I've read a fiction book. And a book that is so suspenseful. I really enjoyed it and we are making a point to go see the movie tonight! Yay for date night!

No comments: