Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Goal #3

I am a planner and multi-tasker deep inside my being. I can't not attempt 5 things at once. Jeff always thought I was crazy when I put all 15 grocery bags up both arms so I only had to take one trip. But, that's how I grew up, my Mom is the master multi-tasker and she was always full of instructions on how to do something better & faster. Great stuff, but it's sort of doing me a disservice in my life these days.
Last night, while giving all 3 girls a bath, I had to tell myself way too many times not to get up and clean the bathroom while making sure the 11 month old doesn't drowned. And I felt...lazy! What is wrong with me?! Yeah, that's how OCD I am. I have to pep talk myself into not trying to multitask when it would be obviously unwise to do so. I don't like how my brain is always on, always noticing the disorder in my life and keeping a running list of what still has to be done. I'm NEVER going to catch up, I'll never be on top of it. So I am learning to go with the flow more each day. Do what I can to advance in the general direction of an ordered life but choosing to be present where I'm at, where my husband is and where my kids are. I want to be a present Mom, an attentive wife & an available friend! In mind as well as body.
Goal #3 Stop Multi-tasking all the time, be in the moment and measure success with relational connection not just productivity.

No comments: